So, I am needing a place that is convenient, to keep up with my new year. Although, my new year started like, September. I have given myself a year to get ORGANIZED. I mean, not getting rid of any of my crafty goodness, but clearing the clutter. Finding a place for all my wonderful craft things, so that I can actually use them.
Additionally, I am going to be breaking out and beating my fears of ART to a bloody pulp. Then using that for an art project. lol I crack myself up.
Started an art journal. I am seriously uncomfortable with color. Gonna beat it. This weekend was awesome. Cleared up more in the master closet. J. built me a loverly cabinet with flatware drawer pulls. It holds much of my things that I want close. I started some paper mache projects. 4 bangle bracelets that I made of commercial toilet paper rolls. Because it makes me laugh. Plus it is really stout cardboard. 3 bird bodies. 12 hearts made from a big cornflake box. J. cut them on the scroll saw, all at once. I've got more. Then I made an armiture for an art doll. She has a big butt and big belly and odd shaped boobs. I made part of the armiture from polymer clay. Seemed like a good idea. The first 2 days were kind of dreary. Takes all day to dry. So, I asked Multimedia Artist, Renee Parker, who I liked on Facebook. She said something about a drying space, and today I had breakthroughs! Newspaper sucks. I hate it. But notebook paper is fabulous. And I made the glue thicker. Wonderful. It is all I can do not to try to paper mache my house. I think I will use napkins next layer, to tell which layer I'm on. And the bathroom with the heater on and a fan makes a perfect drying room.
Things I learned that were important. Styrofoam, while making a really nifty stand for the art doll, does not do well in the oven. I was baking my polymer clay. LOL It shrinks. Duh.
I also played with polymer clay. Made several plant pokes. Fish, stylized bird and a folksy bird. Fun. But I'm trying to find ways that are free, or nearly free. I am frugal, afterall.
Going back to do another layer.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment