Went to Houston Quilt Festival and had a Wonderful time!!! On level after level. First, classes in mixed media! I loved them. Was thrilled to learn that I could paint a bird that you could tell was a bird, and ditto for the sunflower. Can't think why I'd ordinarily paint those things, but it was still a kick. Enjoyed the company of friends and the time away itself! That makes two. Was also excited to learn that I was physically fit enough to navigate the walking and steps. Thanks to my trainer. And how smart (lucky) was I to start in Sept. That is three things. Also learned that I wasn't nervous or afraid or anxious about being on my own. That, from a recovered Agoraphobic, is momentous. I went to classes that were in places I didn't know. Went off on my own over and over. Maybe having cell phones is enough to reduce the stress? Don't know. Didn't have any stress. I got as ready as I could, then just did it. That was a very big four things. These aren't in order, because this hops over to the conversation I had with Brenda, explaining my new eating strategies. One of them being that retreats and vacations are free. I can eat whatever I want to. Well, I got home on Sunday, and Wednesday I realized that while I could eat anything I wanted, I still ate vegetables and fruit. And my cheat was ONE cookie from Starbucks. And after dinner, I may have had ONE cinnamon coffee cake from Starbucks. One or two treats a day. I thought I was really indulging. Wasn't til Wed. that I realized I have as much at home with my dessert. Weird. Possibly wonderful, though. What am I up to? Five! And then this one... Carol and I were talking about how intriguing it was to make tiny blocks. She had seen one inch square, and we thought that 2 would be better for us. Maybe a bit larger. I thought that would make a neat way to make a journal.... well. What would that even involve? How many squares? What particularly would be eventful enough to merit a square? That makes six. Next, is the Journey of Fragments, the written portion.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment